Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random

So i was reading this book which is actually a diary which was sort of boring at first but has a lot of good concepts in it. It kind of talks about how we judge people by the "outside cover." You can look at a person wearing almost all black, with several piercings and an unhappy look on his or her face....but do you really know them? No, you don't. You look at them and stare because their not like you.....But in reality they are just like you...they are a person who is hurting just like everyone else in this world, they may be hurting worse than most or they may just be confused at this certain point in their life. They don't neccessarily dress the way they do because they want to look evil, they dress like that because they don't want to be a superficial look alike. I mean common, how many people buy namebrand clothes and stylish stuff because everyone else is. I used to be like that and still am to some extent but I try not to give in to the "stylish" ways. I try to be modest and look nice at the same time, which is possible by the way. I don't always succeed but neither does anyone else. At least i try right? I've also started wearing stuff that I wouldn't normally because i was afriad of what people would think but guess what i dont' really care anymore....if I like it, I'm going to wear it. We, as Christians, should NOT be judging others by the way they dress. If they wear black pants with chains connected to them with a several piercings or dirty smelly clothing, or they tend to dress up a lot, or they wear casual comfy clothes alot...so what??? What does it matter what they look like on the outside?? Do you seriously think God cares about that?? I mean obviously He wants you to dress modestly and such but i think it comes down to a bigger concept. Whats in the heart! We all fail at accepting people. I know, believe me, I know. But really if you think about it, and I mean REALLY think about it...its wrong not to accept someone or let them join in your "group" if they aren't like you....becasue you know what....that person that you are turning away could be the very person of God Himself, then won't you be in a mess. I know i've looked at people and was like wow....that is really weird or something like that...or man, that girls skirt is too short...or whatever...but seriously..maybe their jsut at a point in their life where their confused or their hurting or doing that to get some attention adn they just don't know. And by not accepting them or staring or making fun of them....hurts them and closes them in all the more. I just don't understand why we can't accept everyone. How can we witness effectively and shut people out at the same time? Isn't that contradicting our Christianity? God's invitation is open to ALL.....few are chosen but the invitation is open....NO ONE deserves it!! NO ONE!!! We are no better than anyone out there....You are not better than me, I am not better than the girl next door, and she certaintly isn't any better than than they boy who lives in the trailer park....we are all the same..undeserving, sinning, wretches, is what we are. God sent His Son for every perosn on this world, we just have to accept His invitation....plug your name into John 3:16 "For God so loved [your name] that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever, believeth in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." For God so loved me, For God so loved susan, For God so loved mikey,.....and you get the picture.....if only we could stray from that thought process and only see whats on the inside, we could prevent so much hurt.........



Like a flower quickly fading

she pulls her arms in

like a dandelion among the roses

she doesn't fit in

people laughed and people pointed

at her dirty clothes, faded and torn

however, what they didn't realize

was that the God up above

was looking down on her in love.

No comments: